- In this policy we set out details of the delivery methods, periods and charges that apply to orders for our products made through our website or by telephone or email.
- This policy is a legally binding document, and this policy shall form part of the contract of sale between you and us made under our terms and conditions of sale.
- From time to time, we offer free standard delivery to all mainland UK addresses on some order
- All other orders may be subject to delivery charges as detailed in Section 5.
- We will usually be able to deliver to the following countries and territories: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- We may from time to time agree to delivery products to other countries and territories.
Delivery methods and periods
- We aim to dispatch deliveries within 24 hours. We normally use 1st class or next day courier companies. Please allow additional delivery times for all furniture and larger equipment orders.
- For orders under £50 we charge £3.95. For orders over £50 delivery is FREE. For chairs, furniture, basins and large equipment orders the delivery charge may increase but will not exceed £9.95 UK Mainland. We can also offer an express delivery service on some items, please contact us for a quote.
- The methods that we use to deliver our products, and the time periods within which delivery is usually completed, are as follows:
- if your delivery address is on the United Kingdom mainland, you will be able to select a delivery method listed on the checkout, and the typical period for delivery of products by this method is 1 -2 working days.
- If you place your order by 2pm GMT/BST on a working day, these time periods run from the close of business on that day; if you place your order after 2pm GMT/BST on a working day, or on a non-working day, these time periods run from the close of business on the next following working day.
- The delivery periods set out in this Section 4 are indicative only, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure that you receive your delivery in good time, we do not guarantee delivery dates.
- We may conduct fraud screening checks before dispatching the product, and these checks may delay your delivery. If the delivery is likely to be delayed as a result of fraud screening checks, we will notify you.
- Delivery charges will be calculated by our website and automatically applied to your order during the checkout process, or alternatively quoted by us.
- Applicable delivery charges will depend upon the delivery method you select, the location of the delivery address, and the size and weight of the products in your order.
Receipt and signature
- Some deliveries must be received in person at the delivery address, and a signature may be requested. On smaller less valuable orders we may use standard UK post which does not require signature. We have the right to choose which delivery method to use.
- If you experience any problems with a delivery, please contact us using the contact details that we publish on our website or otherwise notify to you.
- If our delivery service provider is unable to deliver your products, and such failure is your fault, we may agree to arrange for re-delivery of the products; however, we reserve the right to charge you for the actual costs of re-delivery (even where the initial delivery was free of charge).
- An indicative list of the situations where a failure to deliver will be your fault is set out below:
- you provided the wrong address for delivery;
- there is a mistake in the address for delivery that was provided;
- the address for delivery is not reasonably accessible;
- the address for delivery cannot safely be accessed;
- if in-person receipt is not required, there is no easy and secure means of leaving the products at the address for delivery and there is no person available to accept delivery; or
- if in-person receipt is required, there is no person available at the address for delivery to accept delivery and provide a signature.
Shortages and Damages
- 12. All shortages and damages must be reported to us in writing/email within 24 hours of receipt with no exceptions.
Four Ways To Shop Through the Covid 19 Pandemic
A) Normal Shopping. (Closed during Lockdown 3)
The customers comes into store, collects their own goods and pays for the goods at the till. The till is fully screen protected.
B) Telephone & Collect. (Suspended during Lockdown 3)
Telephone you order to us. We pick your goods. We tell you when your order will be ready, this will normally be within one hour.
Then come to our unit and payment/collection is made, from behind a protected screen.
Payment will be made when you pick up your order.
To place your orders, please call 01622 751630
C) Click & Collect. OPEN during Lockdown 3
Place your order on line. Wait for an email or call from our team, to say that your order is ready for collection.
Then, come into our store and collect the goods from behind a protected screen.
D) Normal Website Orders. OPEN during Lockdown 3
Place your order on line. Your order will then be processed and sent to you by courier/royal mail post.
No minimum order value, so any size order.
Free delivery on orders over £50
Shopping Rules During The Covid 19 Pandemic
For the safety to all customers and staff members, in store shopping rules will be applied during the Covid 19 pandemic.
Reduced Numbers In Store
The amount of customers in the store at any one time will be limited. At the moment it is a maximum of 4 persons.
We hope to relax this soon and allow more persons in store.
Face masks or face protection must be worn when shopping in store
We have an Anti Bac station at the entrance to our store.
We request that all persons use the Anti Bac provided before entering the store.
Please keep at least 2m away from all other persons, including staff members.
Single Shoppers Only
So, NO couples, NO Children, NO Groups.
We have put arrows on the floor to indicate which direction you should shop in .
Do Not Touch
Please do not touch items that you do not intend to purchase.
Speed Of Shopping
We request that people shop as quickly as possible.
Please be fair to everyone else. There might be another customer waiting outside....and it might be raining!
We have protective screens to protect customers and staff
We would prefer for you to use contactless or card payment. But we are accepting cash if you do not have a card.
Any returns will be put in a plastic bag and will NOT be touched by our staff for 72 hours.
Let us all stay safe, stay well and get through this horrid time in one piece.
Take care, from the J&S Team. xx